Business Relocation Guide
Minimising the impact on your customer when you relocate is paramount. Our handy step by step guild makes sure your relocation goes smoothly without interruption.
Step 1 - Where and When
When you have decided on a new premises you need to check the local infrastructure to make sure it is sufficient for your number and type of lines. If you are moving outside your exchange area new lines numbers and therefore diversions of existing numbers will be required.
Our relocation service includes checking the local conditions, supplying a choice of number and the diversion of old services so no calls will be lost.
Step 2 - The time things take
The first action in the relocation process is ordering new services (if required) or relocating existing services. Lead times from Telstra are not flexible and can take up to 6 week for some services.
- PSTN line – 5 to 7 working days
- ISDN line 2 – 5 to 10 working days
- ISDN 10-20-30 line – 20 – 60 to working days
Step 3 - The cost of moving and who does what
- Carrier charges for relocating or providing new services. Our service includes full liaison with Telstra to simplify the process for you.
- Site Conditions – Is there cabling to each point? Is there cabling to the building main frame? Is the cabling sufficient for your need? Are more points required? We can provide a site inspection to check conditions for you.
- Removal and reinstallation of the telephone system. We provide a full fixed price per handset for this service depending on site conditions so there are no surprises.
Prices may change without notice. Please contact Telstra for the most up to date pricing.