$5000 Holiday Voucher Competition Terms & Conditions
Competition 5 ("Week Five") - Return to Competition List
“$5,000 Holiday Promotion”
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Stratel Pty Ltd (ABN 89 092 014 518) trading as Telstra Business Centre Geelong, Telstra Store Waurn Ponds and Telstra Store Geelong CBD, in Geelong 3220 ("Promoter"). The Promoter’s head office is located at 1/17 Fenwick Street, Geelong.
3. Geelong Travel is the supplier of the gift vouchers only and in no way endorses or supports the Promotion.
4. These terms and conditions are in addition to any terms that apply to the use of the gift voucher(s). The terms and conditions that apply to the use of a gift voucher are available by calling Geelong Travel on (03) 5244 3666.
5. The Promotion commences at 9am AEST on 25/05/2015 and ends at 5pm AEST 31/05/2015 2015 ("Promotion Period").
6. Entry is open to all Victorian residents, aged 18 year and over, other than management, employees (and their immediate family) or contractors of the Promoter ("Participant"). Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
7. In addition, entry is only available to Telstra Consumer and Small Business Customers. Large Business, Corporate and Government Customers (including those under Account Management by either the ‘Telstra Business Managed Customer Sales and Service Team’ or the ‘Telstra Enterprise and Government Team’) are not eligible to enter.
8. To enter and receive one (1) automatic entry, Participant’s must:
(a) visit the Telstra Business Centre Geelong (17 Fenwick St, Geelong) OR Telstra Store Waurn Ponds (Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, Pioneer Rd, Waurn Ponds) OR Telstra Store Geelong CBD (165 Moorabool St, Geelong); and
(b) connect a new postpaid mobile number with Telstra onto a mobile phone contract (12 or 24 month contract) OR port (bring/transfer across) an existing mobile number from another telecommunications carrier to Telstra onto a mobile phone contract (12 or 24 month contract); and
(c) pass Telstra’s terms, conditions and eligibility criteria as set out by Telstra Corporation for the successful connection and contract of a postpaid mobile phone service. This includes a successful result with Telstra’s credit check process.
9. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of the Telstra mobile phone contract connection.
10. There will be a draw conducted at 1/17 Fenwick Street, Geelong 3220 on 04/06/2015 at 11:00am AEST.
11. The first eligible entry randomly drawn from all entries received during the Promotional Period will win a $5,000.00 gift voucher from Geelong Travel (the “Prize”). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or ineligible Participant is drawn or if any Participant drawn is unable or declines to accept a Prize. The winner will be notified by telephone within 1 business day of the draw taking place using the mobile number that was connected with Telstra in accordance with paragraph 8(b). The Promoter may use alternative contact details provided at its sole discretion. The winner will also be published on the Promoter’s dedicated website at www.stratel.com.au/holiday.
12. The winner must claim the Prize within 7 days of being notified, otherwise the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will award the Prize in accordance with paragraph 13.
13. In the event of an invalid entry or ineligible Participant, or if a Participant drawn is unable or declines to accept a Prize, then the Prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. The Promoter will continue this process until the Prize has been accepted.
14. All reasonable steps to notify the winner will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of chance, skill plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for undelivered or incorrectly provided contact information.
15. The winner must collect the Prize in person at the location where the winner completed the Qualifying Transaction in accordance with paragraph 8. To collect the Prize the winner must provide proof of identity using any government accepted methods of photo identification (eg: Drivers license, Passport, Proof of Age card) or such other sufficient identification at the discretion of the Promoter.
16. The total Prize pool is valued at $5,000.00.
17. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information provided will only used for this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The Promoter releases Facebook from each Entrant in to the Promotion.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves or been collected from the Promoter.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize.
21. If the Promoter is unable to provide a finalist or winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value, subject to written directions by the relevant State and Territory gaming departments
22. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
23. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
24. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each Participant and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that: (a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them; (b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them; (c) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same; (d) they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose; (e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights"); (f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and (g) they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
28. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of the Non-Excludable Guarantees is limited to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied again.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of a Prize.
30. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
31. All money amounts in these terms and conditions are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST.
32. This promotion is governed by the laws of Victoria. The Participant and Promoter submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria and the Federal Court of Australia and any courts that may hear appeals from those courts about any proceedings in connection with these terms and conditions.
33. For definition, all entries are considered to be on behalf of the Legal Lessee of the Telstra account on which the mobile number activated is billed. Authorised representatives who activate services on behalf of the Legal Lessee will be deemed to be entering the competition on behalf of the legal lessee only.